Thursday, November 24, 2011

So, who is this chick?

Alright, so you've happened on my blog. Probably because I bothered you on Twitter about it. Good job, you've made the right choice so far. Read carefully, there will be a quiz at the end.


Anyway, you may be wondering who I am, so I feel an introduction is due. So, my story, in abbreviated version (some parts will be expanded upon in future blog entries). 


I grew up just outside Milwaukee, WI and attended Catholic school for about 10 years. I was, for lack of a better term, a Super Catholic (TM). If they gave awards for being Catholic, I would have won. Yadda yadda yadda, in college I became an atheist (like I said, certain parts deserve their own entry, and so I will not go into much detail now). 


Of course, since I was mostly Christian when I was picking out colleges, I chose to attend an ultra-mega-extremist Christian college. Hey, they were friendly on my campus visit. I was generally fine with the outrageous Christian hegemony at the college (aside from a few annoying run-ins), until my senior year when I decided to start an atheist student group (this will be another entry of its own).


Basically, I started a Secular Student Alliance at my college and was then harassed for a year straight. It was awesome (for those of you who don't know me very well: that was sarcasm. I do that a lot. Don't worry, you'll catch on quickly.). 


It was pretty awful, if I'm being completely honest. Fortunately I had some good friends and support, and even more fortunately, I graduated! So in May of 2011, I was released out in the Real World, which was simultaneously awesome and horrible. After about two months of job searching, I applied for (and got!) a job working for the Secular Student Alliance (I'm going to talk about the SSA a lot, because it's an awesome organization, and you should support it. Go do that. I'll wait. *Twiddles thumbs* Done? Okay, cool.) 


So, I bought a car, packed up my life (and new kitten), and shipped off to Ohio. After just a few weeks, I was sent off to tour with Richard Dawkins with his new book, The Magic of Reality.




So, after a few weeks of travelling with my bff Richard, I came back to Columbus, and now here I am. Well, okay, technically I'm in Milwaukee visiting my family. Why don't you just pick apart everything I say?


And that's my life. If you have questions, leave me a comment! Or if you just liked (or hated) my blog, or me, or my face, leave me a comment as well. I'm new to this whole blogging thing so I hope I'm doing an okay job. If not, I'm sure you'll leave me a nasty comment telling me to die or get fucked or something, and those will be lovely to read as well.


Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Allow me to be the first to comment on your blog.

    Hey, you've got a blog!

    (I was sent her from Daylight Atheism)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the second to comment on your blog.

    I love your sarcasm.

    Where does the name of your blog come from?

    ReplyDelete