Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SSA Week!

So! As you all may know, I work for the greatest organization in the history of the earth (I would say the universe, but I feel that's a bit presumptuous considering if we don't even know if there's life out there). Anyway, yes, I do work for the Secular Student Alliance, because somehow my life is awesome.

In order to continue being awesome by doing things like providing travel grants to students to go to conferences, and sending super cool speakers to their campuses, hosting a kick-ass annual conference, providing hands-on support for planning events, talking to resistant administrations, should I go on? Well anyway, in order to continue doing that, we need money! That's why we're having....SSA Week!


Yay!! So a whole bunch of people are doing things like a blog a thon...and I want to help, but there's going to be a LOT of stuff to read. So, what I'm thinking is I'll do a 12 hour long livestream of my life. I have to come up with details, but I'm thinking I'll do requests of things for some small amount of money...obviously you can come up with whatever, but I can answer questions, or dance to a song of your choice, or tell you my most embarrassing memory...or whatever! You're creative, you can come up with something.

If I reach a certain goal by the end of my first 12 hours, I'll stay live for 24 hours. Trying to decide what my goal should be...thinking $1,000? Maybe $2,000? I have no idea if I'll make more than $5, so I don't know what's a reasonable goal or not.

Anyway, there will be some special guest(s??) joining me during the livestream-a-thon, so stay tuned! Maybe I will announce them...maybe I won't!! Who knows?! (A lot of this is going to depend on all of your reactions and suggestions. :)

What do you think? Any suggestions for what I could do? Keep in mind, my plans so far mostly include: dancing to Queen songs, showing off my cat, ranting about varying topics, chatting with my special guest(s)...you know, an average day in my life.

I'm not sure how I will do this yet. I've been looking into UStream.tv and Google+ hangouts...I'm not sure. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any help at all! I don't know if there are rules or time limits on any of those services where I'd get kicked off for being on too long.

Anyway, I'm super excited to do this. I hope you're excited as well. :)






1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about this. What day are you doing it?

    ReplyDelete